Wednesday, December 28, 2011

43/50: Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not my favorite in the series. Still good, but definitely not because of the main story. Phury was annoying, whiney and OMGGETOVERYOURSELF!!!!
His character made me angry and if it wasn't for the rest of the characters I may not have finished it. I found myself skipping over a lot of his story just to get to the other stories.

I found that his love towards Cormia just wasn't up to snuff with the rest of the Brothers. For one, he didn't ever really get that "mine" thing going on that the rest of the Brothers had. He did have brief moments of possession but he supressed them. There was very little hot and steamy sex which, really that's what drew me to these books in the first.

All that negativity said... the other characters in the book were amazing. John Matthew where is your book?! You are like a miniture Brotherhood gang with Qhuinn and Blay that I want more of! I cannot wait to read more about him. Revhenge has grabbed my attention this book and the war with the Lessers is really amping up. I'd consider this an inbetween book. You have to read it to get through to the next ones. It sets a lot up for future books.
View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!