Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bruising Pet Peeve

There are certain things one must accept when you take up pole dancing. It's fun. It can leave nasty bruises and make your muscles cry in agony for days. Did I mention it's fun?



I'm one of those people that doesn't have bruises show up on the visible layer of skin. I'm not that lucky. In the pole world, posting a picture of the new 'trophy' you got on your arm, or hip is a sign of accomplishment and hard work. It's as if you're saying "look what I got!" and proud of it. It also helps people to understand how hard pole really is. You put your body through hell and it shows. I'm not that lucky. (haha) I still get bruises, you just can't see them. How unfair! (ya ya, I know, someone somewhere is saying I'm complaining about the wrong things.) When I whine to my boyfriend about how sore my hip is from that invert, or the bruise on my knee from that spin, he just laughs and says he doesn't see a bruise. argh! Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not real.



To those dancers who hate having a bruise show after you nail that fabulous advanced move, or the beginner spin in your first class, show it off! Be proud! They are trophies. Take a picture and keep it around, because after you get good at that move, you may not get another trophy to show for it.

2 comments:

  1. saw some nice bruises on ya today lol :)

    You'll have to post some pics with your new swag!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately. The sad part is, I don't know HOW I got those bruises. haha

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!