Thursday, August 16, 2012

P90X2 - Getting Mexico ready

I set some countdowns on my phone so I can start to get excited about some of vacations that are coming up. I told Frenchie the number of days to our first vacation and he said enough is enough, it's time to workout harder.

Enter P90X2 from Beach Body. Yes, Tony has a second edition. And no, it's not the Insanity DVD's, which is the comment I get from most people. That was not Tony. Frenchie tired it, and didn't like it.

This is another 3 month program with Tony Horton. 5 days a week, 2 rest days. P90X2 is split into 3 phases. Foundations (3 - 6 weeks), Strength (3 - 6 weeks) and Performance (3 - 4 weeks), plus a recovery week whenever you need it.
It gives a range since some people will need longer for each phase than others. Since I'm not doing the entire program, I'm going on Frenchie's schedule. I think he'll do a full 6 weeks in Foundations. It's the one that will get you through the next 2 phases. Without a good foundation in your body, everything else will be harder to do.

I'm very proud of Frenchie for signing himself up for the program. He loved P90x and I think he'll love this one too. For some reason, the workouts are exactly what he needs to get him motivated, give him results and keep him going.

Phase 1 - Foundations (bold are ones I'll participate in)
X2 Core
Plyocide
Rest or X2 Recovery + Mobility
X2 Total Body & X2 Ab Ripper
X2 Yoga
X2 Balance & Power
Rest or X2 Recovery + Mobility

I'm hoping that by doing the ones mentioned above I should get stronger and increase my flexibility.

The biggest challenge with Frenchie's weight loss program is going to be diet. He wants to lose, I want to gain. We are on exact opposites of the scale. It's hard for him to not eat when I eat, or to avoid high calorie healthy snacks because I'm eating them. On the other hand, it's hard for me to cook low calorie meals and still gain weight. It's going to be a struggle, but I think once we meal plan a little, things will get easier.
chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!