Friday, August 12, 2011

29/50: Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #2) by J.R. Ward

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My husband (still love saying that word) picked this book for me to read as part of the Summer Book Challenge. He was so excited about the task that he had input for. He's been told that husbands are very happy when their wives read the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, so it's naturally the one he picked.

Onto the book review:
I can't say I liked this one better than Dark Lover (BDB#1). This book was frustrating... and not in a bad way. Rhage and Mary were awesome together. A lot of passion. Being as how his name is Rhage, I wasn't at all surprised when he got angry, and overly passionate about Mary. The beast inside him seemed to make him feel more of each emotion he had.

Mary was dull to me. I thought she was stupid, but let's be honest, she's had a hard life, used to being on her own and certainly not used to a man taking interest in her. Especially not one like Rhage, who's nickname is Hollywod. I couldn't get why she wouldn't let Rhage just love her. Her past was hard and I totally get why she didn't want to put Rhage through pain watching her deal with her illness. Strong character emotionally. Not afraid of anything.
John Matthews sparked my interest and I hope he sticks around. He was so alone, and needed someone to reach out. At first I thought he was incredibly creepy. Following Mary, calling her all the time. Hello Stalker? But he wasn't. He was sweet, alone and needed help. I can't wait to hear more about him in the remainder of the series. I've heard a lot of my book friends like his character.

I haven't talked about the Lessers much because they weren't a big part of book 1. They are starting to irritate me. They are the enemies of the Brotherhood and I get they are there for the sole purpose of irritating the reader. Well done JR Ward. Well done. The Society drives me insane and I hope that the Brotherhood kicks their butt once and for all in this series at some point. Mr. O seems to have a big conflict within himself, even though he's technically dead and has no soul. There was a moment where I actually felt bad for him, but that passed quickly.

SuBC2011: Have your significant other pick a book for you to read - 10 points
Book Journey 2011: Caldwell, New York

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!