Friday, August 26, 2011

Fitness Friday: Belly Dancing and Certified

I've resolved myself to know I will never lift weights again. I'm still in denial that I will never pole again. To keep myself in a little bit of shape, I'm exploring different dance avenues. I can't deny that I am a dancer through and through. There is nothing I like better than to feel music through my body.

I still love teaching my Intro to Pole classes. Having a group of 6 or 7 girls giggle and laugh by the end of class after walking in with trepidation makes my heart sing.

Wednesday night in my Aerial Yoga Fitness class I had a student who had taken an Intro to Pole class with me. I was so excited to see her back at our studio. She dragged a friend with her and were both asking about signing up for Level 1 Pole. Hooray! Students returning! I truly hope that they sign up right away and get in to a class.

I have 6/10 students registered for my Lap Dance workshop I'm teaching next week. I wrote up my own routine to teach them. Very excited to impart some knowledge to these girls to take home and spice up their lives.

Wednesday during my Intro pole class I had my AFLCA assessment. A trainer came in, watched me teach the class. She had some great feedback for me that I will certainly take on to my next classes. I was so nervous to start but then got down to business as usual and felt completely natural with her there. I am now certified. Just need to submit all of my papers and get the certificate.

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!