Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend and Indulging

Easter weekend came up faster than I thought it would, and with that come and gone, my trip to Mexico for a week of relaxation is coming faster than I thought. This weekend was a fabulous weekend to visit with family on my boyfriends side. We played a lot of Canasta and ate tons of food. That doesn't bode well for working out, but it was a indulging weekend. I've been extra careful this week so far to eat a little healthier and a lot less. As much as I love steak and crab, that's a very easy thing to finish eating and go straight to changing into stretchy pants to allow for more room. Nonetheless, I enjoyed every bite thoroughly. I must admit though, I got up early friday before we left and did my workout. It's tough working out at home. The weights are slightly different and even though it says 25#, they seem heavier than the ones at my regular gym. All the better I think.

Today is the last day of Stage 1 in my workout plan. After today I will do two extra workouts that consist of going back to my starting weights and doing as many reps as I can. The purpose of these two extra workouts is only to see how much stronger I've really gotten. It should give me a good idea if I've pushed myself hard enough (which I don't think I have) and what my goals for the next stage will be. I know one for sure is that I want to get off one side of the dumbbell weight rack and onto the next where the heavier ones are. I'm at the bottom of one side, so that's a good thing.

After the two special workouts (as the book calls them) I am off for a week on vacation. I'm super excited for it. A week in the sun with my huney at an all inclusive resort. What better way to prepare for kicking my own butt at the gym when I get back?!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your vacation! I'm not a resort person at all. If I've gotten off my butt to visit people I'm usually exploring. Mexico has so many neat things to do. We were scuba diving and caving last time we went.
    I've been trying to keep up with my workouts, but my personal life is so chaotic at the moment, it's hard to concentrate on anything.

    c

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!