Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter Challenge: July 18, 2011

By now you have realized that I did not make my challenge date. I wanted to have the books and movies done by July 15. In my heart I figured I wouldn't be done, but I'm darn close! Only 1.5 books left (as of today) and 2 movies + Deathly Hallows part 1.

I finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix! I still can't put into words how wonderful this book truly was. I don't want to post spoilers because I know for a fact there are people out there that have not read it. My online friends have done so well not to spoil it for me but posting "spoiler" on their reviews and warning me of posts on the online book club I should not enter into.

I am now halfwya through book 6, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It's amazing too! I can't wait to see where everything will go from here.

Frenchie is itching to watch the next movies. He may not want to admit it, but I think he secretly likes the series. He'll never read them, but he keeps asking questions after we watch a movie. He's asking questions I can't tell him the answers to because it will spoil things for him. I must read faster!

We will be watching the 5th movie tonight.
Because of our trip this past weekend and the amount of driving Frenchie offered to do (he told me to finish the books so he gets his wife back), I am thinking I'll be able to drag him to see Deathly Hallows part 2 in 3D at the theatre by August long weekend!!
Goals:
Finish Wise Man's Fear
Buy Movies 3 - 7Part 1
Read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Read Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
Read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Re-watch Movie 1
Re-watch Movie 2
Watch Movie 3
Watch Movie 4
Watch Movie 5
Watch Movie 6
Watch Movie 7 part 1
Watch Movie 7 Part 2 - in theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!