Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pole Competition: Am I crazy?

Calgary is hosting the first ever Miss Pole Dance Alberta competition. I've been talked into entering by my instructor/friend. I can't tell you how nervous I am and I haven't even put together my video submission yet. That in itself is going to take more work than getting up in front of a crowd.

Why am I so nervous you ask? It's not the performance itself that is making me feel this way. It is the fact that I have not been in classes since May and haven't worked on much of anything since then. Other than teaching intro classes, I haven't touched a pole to work on advanced moves. Nor have a danced for a long period of time. Our routines are to be over 4 minutes long. The only routine I've ever done was less than that.

I think I'm crazy, but once you tell people you're submitting an application, you better do it right?

So here's the first challenge. I need to find a song, create a routine and record it on video by August 10. All the while hoping my wrist cooperates so I can actually accomplish this. So far, not so good. I iced my wrist all evening last night and have gone through more advil than a person should really take in the 2 days I've been at work this week.

I honestly don't think I'll get chosen to move on to the finals after the video voting, but it's worth a shot!
chicfit

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That sounds like fun. Good luck. Hope your wrist cooperates.
    I've been wanting to take pole dancing classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your wrist holds up. Are you going to share the video?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jennifer - You should look at www.wikipole.org and see if there is a studio near you.

    @Andi - I will absolutely share it once I'm allowed to. I imagine after August 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great!!! Be sure to share the vid!!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!