Thursday, April 26, 2012

10/40: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars







From Goodreads: I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.


Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
I liked this book, but not nearly as much as Delirium. Lauren Oliver is a fabulous writer. She has a way of pulling you in and keeping you there in suspense. How to book had each chapter as Then and Now.

Lena is still a great character. She's strong even though we meet her in this book broken and wounded. She fights and doesn't take any sort of crap. Definitely a strong female main character. I loved that Pandemonium introduced us to a whole different part of society and gave us new characters to fall in love with and others to hate.

I was holding my breath through the last third of the book until I got to the last few chapters. At that point, it lost any love I had. The ending of this one made me roll my eyes and not want to pick up the next one. That makes me sad because I LOVED Delirium. It's not the entire ending that had me feeling this way, just the love triangle portion. Why does it have to be that way in most YA books? Why can there not just be ONE guy/girl? The rest of the ending was great and definitely sets up the next book nicely to be very interesting, I'm just sad that the next one seems to be leaning towards having a big element of "which one will she choose?"
I will read the 3rd in the series no doubt about it, but I won't run for it.

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!