Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ballet Recital!

I've been taking a ballet class since early January at Dance Through Life. The studio is for adults only and focuses on fun rather than competition. It's relaxed and all about having fun and keeping fit. Miss Karen is a fabulous instructor. I can't wait to take more classes from her.

12 weeks of something I didn't know I missed so much. The first class I came home and was thrilled! I felt like I had just had an hour conversation with a friend I haven't seen in 8 YEARS!  After 12 weeks we had a full routine to the Glee Cast version of Lady Antebellum - Need you Now.

Sunday we had our Spring Dance Recital. There was a packed house of family and friends to watch the outstanding numbers. There was two halves to the show with a 15 minute intermission.

I haven't been on stage is so long it felt great! The nerves and excitement were still there. We got to wear black body suits, pink ballet tights and black long tutus. Every girl should have a tutu!!!

Frenchie took a video of our routine from where he was sitting. It was with my cell phone so not the best quality, but you can see it!  I'm on the left in the front row.

Enjoy!!

Tap starts in 2 weeks! Can't wait!



chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!