Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bible Study: Week 5 - 8


I'm a little behind in my blogging on the Bible Study Julie and I have been doing. If you recall, we both picked up a copy of The Power of a Praying Wife and started working through it.
With life being what it is, we've had several weeks where our meetings get bumped due to vacation, illness or general "oops, I forgot" on both sides.

We seem to have found that meeting every two weeks is working well. We do two weeks at a time and find we have more to talk about this way.  We aren't sticky with completing this bible study in the 30 weeks that the book is timed for. Sometimes you just can't get it done.

I missed blogging about the weeks in more detail and I will try and do more in the future, but for now, here is a small recap of the past 4 weeks.

Week 5 - His Affection
I liked this chapter. Frenchie and I show affection in different ways, but we also have a good understanding of how to show it to each other in a way that is received well. It's also one of the first things that goes when our lives become distracted. It's also one thing that we work very hard to maintain in our relationship.

Week 6 - His Temptation
Julie and I both struggled with this chapter. We both have very strong relationships with our husbands and don't fear temptation in the same sense we felt the book was referring to. There are no addictions, no women we worry about or anything like that. We both pray something like this will never come into our lives.

Week 7 - His Mind
This chapter focused on how sound of mind our husbands are. Are there lies being whispered to them or do they have fear. Other than getting down on themselves, both Julie's husband and Frenchie have a sound mind. Those times when they are hard on themselves is the opportunity for us to pray and give encouragement through God's words.

Week 8 - His Fears
I liked this chapter a lot. It sparked some great conversation with Frenchie. I asked him what his fears were and he listed quite a few that I had thought of. I told him others I thought he had and he was surprised at the list. He did agree but said he tries not to think of those ones in particular. According to our readings,
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
love will take away fear. I mentioned to Julie that the fears Frenchie has are based out of love, yet love will take that fear away. She said the same for her husband and we both thought it was interesting.

I am really enjoying this study even though some chapters seem to be a little out of our realm of marriage at the moment (and in some cases, hopefully forever)


chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!