We don't do a lot, but every little bit makes a difference.
- No chemical cleaning using Norwex cleaning products
- Vegetables from the local farmers market
- Try to buy hormone free meats whenever possible
- Installed a clothesline to dry our clothes - love the smell of sunshine!
- Planted a garden - small one for now, but if all goes well we will put much more in next year.
- Installed a rain barrel
- Programmable thermostat - we shut our furnace off completely in the summer, but the winter it is programmed to only be on when we need it.
- No A/C in our house - We cool it down at night with one fan in the basement to pump cool air up and one fan in the upstairs bedroom to pump hot air out. All the windows get opened at night (that are safe to do so) and then close them all during the day.
- Frenchie rides a bicycle to work 3 times a week. I take transit daily
- Using natural remedies for ailments when possible - the overuse of antibiotics is making our body systems weaker and bugs stronger and resistant.
- We cook almost all our meals - healthier!!
- I have switched to natural deodorant - surprisingly I sweat less than I did with antiperspirant and do not smell. Plus my white shirts don't have yellow stains anymore.
- We recycle - our garbage bin is nearly empty every week
What do you do to be greener?