Thursday, September 17, 2009

IPC 2009 - International Pole Camp

You read that correctly. Just like any other sport, pole has a camp too. Put on by PoleJunkies here in Calgary, it's an amazing opportunity to meet new people, learn new things and let loose.
The weekend consists of the following:
Friday
  • Dinner
  • Pole Crawl to bars with poles, on a bus with poles in it. (It's awesome!!)
Saturday
  • Studio time! 4 hours of poling in a studio with 40+ other gals (and guys, yes guys pole too)
  • Dinner
  • Pole Crawl
Sunday
  • Studio time - 1 hr Workshops with a well known pole dancer (Jenyne Butterfly!!)
  • Studio time with all the attendants again
It's such a fun weekend. We all leave bruised, battered and with more friends. We learn new things, have a chance to try things out with encouragement from people you just met with the same love and passion for pole. I'm ecstatic that this is the second year I get to go.  I had my calendar booked off for this weekend since last year when I found out it was coming again.

I'll post a recap next week after I've slept and recovered from all the craziness and fun this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm ready! OMG I have back to back Aerial silk Monday/Tuesday after this!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhahaha, I am not sure I envy you all of the bruises you are going to acquire, but I will tell you to enjoy and have fun. Although that might be needless advice on my part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to another successful year!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy, I know that you understand the pain that people go through to do some activity they love. Figure skating is no exception. You get it :)

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!