Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? (8 of 2011)



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World of Books

This meme is a great way to start the week and add some great books to your to-read list. I love looking at what everyone is reading.
Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!!

No more studying for me! I wrote my exam last Thursday and I believe I passed (results in two weeks by snail mail.) Now I can get back to reading and hopefully have more to list here next week.
What I Finished
Day After Night: A Novel

What I Am Reading
Juliet
I haven't gotten very far on Juliet. I am enjoying it so far. It's intimidating based on the size and the smallish print that I feel it's going to take me quite a while to get through it.
The Book Thief
Still making my way through The Book Thief. I know a lot of people love it and say it's one of their top rated but I'm struggling to see why. To me it's just a story and isn't doing a lot for me. I want to finish it for the Buddy Read so I'm pushing through. It isn't a bad book, and it's nicely written, I just don't feel completely invested in it.

Save as Draft
Save as Draft came in at the library for me. I thought it would be cute to read. It's a series of emails and twitter posts and those messages not sent in order to tell a story.
I figure it will be a quick read just based on the format.

Listening To
Vision in White (The Bride Quartet, Book 1)
My Knotties and I are reading Vision in White for our March book club book. It's fabulous!! All the happy little bride/wedding moments make me smile and tear up (and I'm only on track 2!) I'm getting more and more excited for my wedding as I listen to this.

What's Up Next
One of these three, but I haven't decided which one yet.
The Screwtape LettersMatched

2 comments:

  1. Yay for no more exams! Finishing those up is always the best feeling:) I adored Matched, it was one of my favorite reads last year, but it's definitely a hit or miss read for people. Looking forward to seeing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Matched and am now on to Delirium and they're very similar stories although different writing styles. I hope you get a lot of fun reading time now that exams are over. :)

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!