Thursday, July 5, 2012

19/40: Lover Mine (BDB#8) by JR Ward

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Continuing on with the Black Dagger Series finally. I needed a break after 6 and 7. They sort of turned me off the series for a bit. I'm so glad this one was great. I have a feeling I'll need to read the next one soon!


The characters were stronger and less annoying. I also loved that there are 3 plots, although I'm a little disappointed that it's left wide open for two of them. (Guess I know what book 9 is about)


John and Xhex were wonderful together. Fighting against their love so hard yet always bouncing back. As two heavily mentally wounded people they are a perfect match. I wasn't sure I would like John in this one, but he definitely held his own becoming a male of worth. In the previous books he seemed so much like a childish boy. A kid who had a chip on his shoulder and something to prove in order to hide his horrible past. His vulnerability when he was with Xhex really made me like him.

Payne - Can't wait for her story! To be locked away for so long, only to be released because of a horrific accident. I truly hope that her story with Manny really lets us get to know her more. I think with her past and being so similar to Vishous it will be interesting.

Quinn & Blay - I cannot WAIT for their book. Each one is fighting against their feelings for each other to the point where my heart hurts for them.

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!