Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fitness Check-in July 25, 2012

C25K Update:
I'm up to Week 6! I can't believe I've been able to sustain running for 5 whole weeks. I know that I may not be going far, but this is the most I've ran in my entire life. And I love it.
I'm up to 3km a run. Week 6, Day 2 was my first 20 minute run. I managed to run 10 minutes, walk 2 and run 8.

This weekend I went and bought some new shoes. I've noticed that the balls of my feet are starting to get sore and thought new shoes should help. I'm in the process of trying them out indoors as The Running Room will take them back within 30 days if they don't work, only if they are worn indoors.
I didn't care about colour, more about the feel, but you can't help but think these are awesome.


NROLFW:
I've given up on weight training. My wrist just won't allow me to do so. I've resigned to the fact that no matter what training I do for strength, it will never get better unless I start at the bottom. This infuriates me. For someone who has always felt strong and able to do physical activity with relative ease, starting a rehab program for my wrists makes me feel like I have failed my body. I feel like a failure physically.


Healing Process:
This weekend made me realize that it's time to start the long, slow process. I was holding Frenchie's niece (2 months old) while sitting on the couch. She is 9 lbs. My wrists/arms wouldn't let me hold her for more than 5 minutes before I had to give her back for fear of dropping her. For someone who plans to have kids of her own in the next 2 years, this is a scary thought. How long does a baby breastfeed? Longer than 5 minutes. How often does a mother hold her baby, cuddle with them, carry them around? Longer than 5 minutes. If I don't get my wrists better, I will be that mother that will have trouble doing those things. I've heard your body adjusts and you get used to it. I'm inclined to feel that for normal people with no injuries, yes, I believe you would. For someone with a recurring problem, I don't see that being the case.
To prepare my body to be in the best shape health-wise for the future, I need to start at the bottom. I have a long time to heal, but if I don't start soon, time passes quickly.
The healing plan will have to wait for another week to blog. I'm still figuring out exactly how it's going to work and what it will entail.


MeasurementJuly 25/2012July 9/2012Initial Measurements
Weight113 lbs115.8 lbs113 lbs
Chest31 in32 in 32 in
Waist26 in26 in26.5 in
Hips32 in32 in Didn't measure
Butt35 in35 in 35 in
Arms9 in/9 in9 in/9 in9 in/9 in
Thighs20 in/20 in20 in/19 in 19.5 in/19.5 in
Calves13 in/13 in13 in / 13 in12.75 in / 12.75 in

Weekly Schedule (subject to change at the drop of a pin)
DayWorkout Planned
SundayOff
MondayOff
TuesdayC25K
WednesdayC25K
ThursdayDVD with Sister#2
FridayC25K
SaturdayOff

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!