Tuesday, February 5, 2013

5/30: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1)Across the Universe by Beth Revis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Read from December 07, 2012 to February 04, 2013
Format: Ebook

From Goodreads: Amy is a cryogenically frozen passenger aboard the vast spaceship "Godspeed." She expects to awaken on a new planet, 300 years in the future. But fifty years before "Godspeed"'s scheduled landing, Amy's cryo chamber is unplugged, and she is nearly killed. 
Now, Amy is caught inside an enclosed world where nothing makes sense. "Godspeed"'s passengers have forfeited all control to Eldest, a tyrannical and frightening leader, and Elder, his rebellious and brilliant teenage heir. 
Amy desperately wants to trust Elder. But should she? All she knows is that she must race to unlock "Godspeed"'s hidden secrets before whoever woke her tries to kill again. 

I heard good things about this book. My sister raved about it so I picked it up in December and started it. It's taken me until now to finish reading it. It wasn't a bad book, it just didn't capture me like others do. It was well written, and I really enjoyed the alternating point of view of the characters Elder and Amy. It just wasn't for me. It wasn't the genre, or the content, it just wasn't that great in my opinion. I don't have plans to continue to the next book at all.

Elder is conflicted about what he believes, what he's told and what he sees. As the next in line ruler he has to decide how he wants to run the ship. Every day he finds out more and more lies and secrets and has to decide what to do with the knowledge. Is it better to keep the secrets? Tell the half-truth?

Amy is woken up before her time and struggles with her parents still being frozen and living on this ship. She isn't like the rest of the inhabitants and struggles to find peace. Stuggles to agree with what is happening to the people and what could happen to her.

I'm glad I read it. I liked the story line of deceit and lies and how no matter what, everything comes out in the end.

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!