Friday, February 8, 2013

7/30: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores

Weird Things Customers Say in BookstoresWeird Things Customers Say in Bookstores by Jen Campbell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Read from February 06 to 07, 2013
Format: Hardcover

From Goodreads: Customer: Have you read every single book in here?

Bookseller: No, I can't say I have.

Customer: Well, you're not very good at your job, are you?

A simple Twitter question posed by John Cleese-"What is your pet peeve?" -inspired Jen Campbell to start a blog collecting all the ridiculous conversations overheard in her bookstore, everything from "Did Beatrix Potter ever write a book about dinosaurs?" to the hunt for a paperback which could forecast the next year’s weather; from "I've forgotten my glasses, please read me the first chapter" to "Excuse me ... is this book edible?"; and from "Can books conduct electricity?" to "My children are just climbing your bookshelves: that's ok... isn't it?"

If we didn't know it already, this irresistible book is proof positive that booksellers are heroes, the world over

Funny! I chuckled a lot reading this one. It is definitely a one sitting book.
Some of the stories make you wonder what the customer was on. Others make you appreciate that books are still popular. I really enjoyed the booksellers comments swathed in sarcasm.

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!