Saturday, February 9, 2013

February Resolutions Week 1

As part of my happiness project, I wanted to do a weekly check to see how I'm doing.
February 1st I had grand plans of giving up coffee. Not caffeine, just coffee. It affects my stomach in a bad way and I need to quit drinking it. I got to work on, called up my coworkers, told them I'm weak and went to Starbucks. I don't know why it's so hard to quit :(

The weather finally warmed up, which means the ice on the sidewalks from people who don't shovel is finally melting enough to go for a run in the mornings and not risk breaking something or falling.
I'm up to Week 5 in the Couch to 5K again. This is great news and I feel like I'm actually improving. There is a loop near my house that I thought was a long way around the neighbourhood but it isn't.
I haven't managed to get to the gym to do my chiro exercises in a few weeks. I did however sign up for a Ballet Barre class at www.barrebodystudio.com. I'll review that later.

I've been doing really good getting ready for bed early. I find it super easy on weeknights since I'm either by myself while Frenchie plays hockey, or I am teaching piano lessons. As soon as my last student has backed out of the driveway, I bust out the pj's and make myself some tea. It's doing wonders for my sleep and anxiety.

I have started unsubscribing from newsletters that I usually just delete on a regular basis. If I really need the information I will actively search for it. I'll continue to go through newsletters as they come in. Facebook was kind enough to allow us to filter people so that has been really handy. I still need to go through the groups a little better as I feel like I'm missing some people.
Twitter is ok. I've redone my lists a little and stopped following a few accounts that were either not used anymore or I never looked at anyways.
Next will be to go through all my email. Saving emails that have pictures seems pointless. I plan to upload all my attached pictures to an online storage site and remove the extra email clutter.

Organizing is under way. I posted the storage room success at the beginning of February. You can see it's transformation here. I'm hoping to do the laundry room, the master closet and the spare bedroom closet this month.

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!