Friday, March 8, 2013

March Happiness Project: Week 1


First week Check in for March!

The Husband Project
I've done a few of the tasks that I set out for myself and had to reschedule others. Our first week of March was incredibly busy and for whatever reason, we haven't seen each other as much as we usually do.
This project really pulls together the other resolutions I made for myself so it's a 2 for 1 sort of deal.

  • We went for a bike ride this weekend which was something he's been itching to do. It was cold, but I did have fun and I know that he enjoyed the time together. The next day it snowed a huge amount and hasn't melted yet, so at least we got to go once. Didn't realize how out of shape I was regarding cycling.
  • Stop word-vomiting: On the bus ride home, most days I spew everything that happened during the day, good and bad. I gave him the bus ride home a couple times in silence (partly selfish since I was feeling really low myself) and didn't word-vomit how awful my day had been. Whatever I did say, I tried to keep positive.
  • I was able to Focus on his Love Language, Touch, and gave him a shoulder massage while we watched TV last week. 

Quit Nagging/He'll do it his way
This one is hard to measure for myself. I can tell when I'm nagging A LOT but it's hard to tell when it's just here and there. I think I did better, but I believe that is partly due to my utter exhaustion this week and lack of care for anything house related.


chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!