Friday, May 8, 2009

Biker Chick

This weekend will be a fun filled one.
Earlier this week I went and got my learner's license for motorcycles. I sat in front of a computer for all of 10 minutes at the Registry and completed my test. W00t! Step one complete!

For all of Friday night I will be in a classroom learning about motorbikes. Then the fun part starts Saturday. I will learn to actually ride one, doing skills and such for 2 whole days. At the end of it all, on Sunday, I should be able to do my on-lot site test and have my license! So exciting!! I don't have my own motorcycle, and there's no way I'd be allowed to drive my boyfriends, but who knows, maybe I'll buy one of my own this year or next. I love riding as a passenger, so I can't imagine how it's going to feel actually driving one. This weekend could go two ways: I'll love it, or I'll hate it.

I'll post the results Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Grats! Enjoy the adventure! I hope you enjoy it, then you and Gilles can tour together on the bikes. Kallum's parents do that all over the world.
    I guess I was too hard on Kallum lol. He told me I wouldn't be allowed to ride his either, even though he rides is like what 3x per summer, might be better now that he doesn't travel as much.
    I find motorcyles are LOUD! I usually wear a full face helmet and ear plugs to tolerate the ride and I'm scared of pavement so I'm naturally leaning the wrong way when we're turning. Definitely, not something I would pursue.

    c

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!