Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Unsick and lifting

I was very sick last week with a cold, and as a result I ate poorly, I missed all my workouts and was generally really lazy in everything. It's fine to not workout for a week since I could hardly lift myself out of bed, but eating is another issue. I pretty well let myself go and didn't watch what I ate at all. I actually felt worse having to write everything down in my fitbook. I didn't realize how badly I ate until I checked back today and looked. Yikes! Needless to say, I went to the grocery store tonight and bought healthy stuff. Things to snack on, more fruit, and better things for breakfast, rather than going to Tim Horton's every morning. I also plan to make red pepper hummus this weekend. (Thanks for the recipe Jess!)

I got my butt in gear today and dragged it to the gym. I don't normally workout tuesday, and I'll have to go tomorrow too just to get back on schedule. It felt great to be there. I missed it even after a week. I actually pushed my weights up on the second set of most exercises, just to see if I could do it. Success... except I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Tonight I'll do some intervals on the exercise bike to get those out of the way.

I'm glad to say I have someone now who looks at my diet and will make suggestions to me. It's hard to know what's good and bad when it all says 'healthy'. There are things that I've eaten that aren't really the best, but I was under the impression they were extremely healthy. Nice to have a watchdog! I like being accountable to someone other than myself. Pushes me to make changes and stick with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!