Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I feel weak... that's not right

Yesterday was Workout B. All new exercises. I know there is less than I think, but all I can say is lunges lunges lunges.
Here is a rundown of the Workout B:
  • Widegrip deadlift from box
  • Bulgarian Split Squat
  • Reverse Lunge
  • Underhand Lat Pulldown
  • Dumbbell Prone Cuban Snatch
  • Swiss Ball Crunch
  • Reverse Crunch
  • Lateral Flexion
  • Prone Cobra
  • 15 minutes Interval training 1min hard/2min recovery

I've never done interval training so this will be interesting. It's nice because I can at least do those at home and get my boyfriend to come with me. It's nice to be able to workout together that way. We've both got our Fitbooks and have started new programs. (Thanks Angela for the wonderful books! http://www.getfitbook.com/)

From completing stage 1, I thought my muscles were getting pretty strong. I had to put myself down to 5# weights for the Prone Cuban Snatch. I nearly cried! I couldn't believe that my shoulders (specifically the rotator cuffs) are that weak. Instead of feeling really badly, I took it as an opportunity to set some goals. I will definately be pushing myself harder on those to build up some strength. That particular exercise will greatly propel me towards my goal of being less prone to injury/pain in my wrists from using the computer every day. (small victory!)

My butt and hamstrings are screaming at me today. Not only did I do a lot of leg exercises, but I pushed myself pretty hard on my intervals (last night was on the exercise bike). This is all very, very good news for me. I love the feeling the next day when you feel like you really pushed yourself and it paid off. I may not say that tomorrow when I have to drag my sore butt to the gym again, but it's all worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!