Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Wedding Fair... I survived

I was anticipating a lot of women. Check.
I was anticipating a long morning. It was, but I didn't notice.
I was anticipating getting a good amount of stuff. Check, but wow not to that extent!

Doors opened at 9:30, so I got there around 9:20. Long line up. I had to wait for my mom and sister, so I stood in line. Once 9:30 hit and they opened the doors, I didn't realize how quickly they could get people through the entrance. I ended up waiting just inside the ticket gate for my entourage. They gave me this neat little sticker that said "Bride" and my mom got one that said "Mother of the Bride".
We figured out that most people just start at the beginning of the booths and work their way to the other side. We started at the end and worked our way back. Thought maybe there would be a few less people. It worked out fairly well.

I managed to enter my name into a number of draws. Hopefully I win something other than just being on a ton of mailing lists. I did book a free consultation with a DJ and got an envelope for $150 off their services. They didn't have a price list, so I'm not sure about that.
I had a blast, which wasn't what I expected. I had thought the whole thing would be somewhat stressful, and it wasn't! I was so impressed and happy.

There was a fashion show included in the entrance. They had wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, mother-of-the-bride/groom wear and lingerie.  Took a few pics with my phone, but they didn't turn out great. I did find it helpful for my bridesmaid and mom to get an idea of what I'm looking for. Narrows down the field a little when I go looking for wedding dresses in March. The highlight, other than the wedding dresses, was the entertainment the men provided. Salsa and hiphop dancing sure gave the crowd a hoot.

Once I unloaded the super heavy and very full bag I collected things in, I sat down and went through it all. I seem to have collected cards and papers mostly for attire (both FI and I), DJ's, and decorating.  I was hoping to find a lot of catering, but that wasn't the case.  This week I'll have to sift through a lot of the DJ things and make some appointments.

I'm rather disappointed there isn't another fair until September now. Hopefully by then I have most everything organized and won't need to go.

Thanks mom and sis for coming with me! It was very fun.

1 comment:

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!