Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More piano students!


Last May I finally made the decision to begin teaching piano in September 2012. It was a decision that wasn't taken lightly and discussed and budgeted (money and time).  I had set my sights on having 3 to 6 students, knowing that I'd be thrilled if I got 3 at most. September brought me 5 students. I couldn't believe it! Two complete beginners, 3 transfer students.

Fast forward to January 2013. I have two new students joining me. Both adults, one is a transfer moving to the neighbourhood and the other really wants to learn. It will be completely different teaching adults, and I think just as rewarding.

I had no idea that in my first year teaching I would have 7 students and love it this much. It makes me happy to think that I can do this and love it for a lot of years to come.

Now if only I could kick my own butt into practicing more...
chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!