Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pole Performance

I was discussing the upcoming performances Polejunkies will be doing at a convention here in Calgary next weekend.  Since the best way to promote is to get students to perform, I offered to do the level 6 routine that I am currently learning.

I'm excited and a little nervous. Much less nervous now that I get to use a pre-coreographed dance. I can wing things easily, but I am horrible at putting moves together and having it planned out.  My brain doesn't function well that way. I would need a lot of notice to come up with something to a song and have it made up before going on stage.  You'd think that wouldn't be a problem from all my years of dance training in other genres.

So for the next week, I will be parking myself in my basement and getting this level 6 routine down pat.  There is one move I still cannot do and I've already told my instructor for performance, I will be taking it out and putting something else in. No sense trying to do a move I haven't gotten more than once and risk falling and embarrasing both myself and PJ's.

3 comments:

  1. Or hurting yourself! Hahaha, that tends to be my fear all the time, so I just thought I would help you out... share some of it around, and all that jazz. However, I have this feeling you are going to be amazing!!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her dancing is awesome to watch.

    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chowsr!! It's fun, but I'm always a nervous wreck right before hand

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!