Sunday, November 14, 2010

50/50: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, HushHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It took me 4 days to read Hush, Hush. That should tell you a little something about the book right there. I was enthralled with it. Patch is such an interesting character. The vivid descriptions Nora gives about the way he looks at her gave me chills and definitely made me like him. He has this dark evil thing about him that you can’t help but be pulled into. Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Read to the book to find out. Either way I like him.

Nora is a good character but like most lead female characters she had her annoying bits. She did some pretty stupid things and got herself into a bit of trouble here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary for a 16 year old who thinks she’s a great reporter.

Let’s go back and discuss Patch, because after reading this book, he’s the only one that I want to read more about. (Yes I have a book crush, don’t judge me) This guy has everything going for him. He’s the ultimate bad boy, and let’s face it, most women fall for the bad boy, against their better judgment at least once. He hustles pool, cards, and has a knack for showing up at just the right time. He’s mysterious, and has that “you know you want me” confidence. Nora is scared of him, but drawn to him at the same time. I have to say, I’d be upset with her if she didn’t go for him.

As for the story, without giving too much away, I’m a fan of the immortal, good/evil storylines. I love angels and demons and all things supernatural, so this was right up my alley. Becca Fitzpatrick does a good job of making you second guess yourself. You think you have it figured out, but then something changes and you aren’t sure anymore.

I would definitely recommend this one for YA fans.

I can’t wait to Crescendo! I have it on hold at the library but I fear it will be a while before it comes in.

Buy Hush, Hush on Amazon
Buy Crescendo on Amazon
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!