Saturday, January 1, 2011

Winter Book Challenge 2011

It's time to start the Winter Book Challenge! Every quarter the Nest Book Club does a challenge. I participated in 3 last year. Winter, Spring and Summer. I figured with Fall being so busy, I wouldn't bother.
Here is the montage of books I plan to read. These aren't necessarily the ones that will get read, but it's a guideline for me to go on. Based on the categories, these books fit the bill.


I Am the Messenger   [I AM THE MESSENGER] [Paperback]The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That LastsThe Book ThiefShiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3)OutlanderThe HelpDemonglass (A Hex Hall Novel)MatchedTo Kill a Mockingbird [Mass Market Paperback]Paranormalcy. by Kiersten WhiteRoom: A Novel

4 comments:

  1. I might have to join the WBC 2011 with you. I'm going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some good choices on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You commmented on my blog (Slightly Bookish) about the Nutcracker, and I had a little something to respond..

    I'd love to see the actual ballet, but so far TV is as close as I can get, haha

    Yeah, the Mouse King could be scary for your nieces, if they're young (plus, I'm not sure how much attention a ballet would hold for a little girl), BUT if they can read and everything (but like pictures!) I'd show them this:

    http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f196/nutcracker-ballet-done-webkinz-576163/

    There are these toys (Webkinz) that are plushies in real life, but you can also have a whole virtual thing online. I was a bit addicted to them myself, so I found that fansite, and someone had created The Nutcracker Ballet--complete with pictures and the story.

    It's really fun to read, actually, and maybe that would appeal to your nieces more or something (You could print it out maybe).

    So...yeah. Just thought I would share that :)

    Congratz on getting engaged!

    -Maddz
    www.maddzslightlybookish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the rec Maddz. I'll check it out!

    @Ms. Manda - You should totally join! I never get near the total points but it's fun to have a guideline and fit books into the categories. I'd like to get over 150 points. Personal goal

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!