Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: March 23 Check-in

No Wedding Nightmares this week either. This is great!

There was some family things come up and we've been a little lagging on the wedding planning. We've hit the 3 month mark and are now counting down faster than we'd like. Time is moving without us it seems.
We are now making weekly lists that we want to get down in order to keep things on track.
What was accomplished:
  • Sent the rest of the invitations and even got some RSVP's back!
  • Sent ceremony program content to Father Andrew
  • Sent readings to Father Andrew
  • Wrote out decoration directions for Ceremony and Reception
What needs to be done in March: 
  • Ask family to do special readings and roles for the wedding
  • Complete ceremony program and print
  • Get quotes for alcohol
  • Ask Frenchie's hockey team about bartending and look into other options
  • Decide what to buy as groomsmen gifts
  • Finalize reception music
  • DATE NIGHT


chicfit

5 comments:

  1. I started reading your blog because I like reading your wedding updates :) I'm planning a wedding as well - I'm 8 months away but I want to get AS MUCH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE done well before the date so in the weeks leading up to my wedding I can relax!

    I'd love to see pics of your invitations/programs/whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on the right track! I did everything I possibly could before hand. Makes a huge difference. there are some things you just can't do until later on.
    I would say don't let anyone tell you you're doing things too early. There's never enough time.

    Have a look back at the rest of my wedding Wednesday posts for help!

    Are you on The Knot? mcdol3 on the June 2011 board

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on the knot, but I had my account deleted after I tried to order something from their store and they let me know *3 weeks* after I ordered they didn't accept canadian credit cards. I was mailing the stuff to my parents while they were on vacation and there was no time left to place a new order with an american credit card so I'm boycotting their site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. that sucks!
    I will post some paper products next week on my post for you. We are still working on the program and I don't want to post the details on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crazy to think the day is almost here for you! I'm happy for you, but whatever will you write about? j/k

    My tips booklet on wedding planning is done! (YAY! I started it in 2006 but decided last year to dust it off and do something with it) Now just to get a few copies printed and hopefully make a bit of money :)

    c

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!