Tuesday, April 19, 2011

20/50: Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2)

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked Vision in White more than Bed of Roses in the Bride Quartet series. Bed of Roses was a little too fluffy for me, however, it was perfect because of that. Emma is the romantic one of the four women and she certainly got her fill of romance. I'm not a fluffy romantic person that needs to be swept off my feet (although it is nice every once in a while). Because of my personality, I could relate as well to Emma as I could Mac or Laurel. Parker just scares me.
Emma is the florist in the quartet that runs Vows. She is always looking for the "one" and believes you have to look in order to find. She has a line up of men that would love to take her to bed with them, and sometimes she does, other times she doesn't. She's a great matchmaker and everyone seems to love her. Her family background is rooted in romance, so I completely understand why she wants to be swept off her feet. She believes true love exists where as Mac (Vision in White) doesn't, certainly not for her.

Jack Cooke is a friend to them all, so things could get sticky if they don't work out between him and Emma. Let's be honest, this is a romance novel and it very clearly follows the pattern. Fall in love, have a big blowout fight, get back together and live happily ever after. Not my usual, but I can't help but tear up every so often, blush during the steamy scenes and smile at the happy parts.
Another fluffy romance that has me diving into the next book in the series, Savor the Moment, almost immediately.

SBC 2011: Read a book about a wedding - 10 Points
Book Journey 2011: Connecticut (updated map)
View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!