Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter! (a little late)

We were gone all weekend enjoying the sunshine with Frenchie's family. We drove up to his parents and stayed for 4 days. We both had Friday off, and took Monday as a holiday.
Easter is now a very special time for me. Last year, at the Easter vigil, I was confirmed into the Catholic Church. It was a life event for me that has meant everything. I spent 18 months in the RCIA program (Rite of Catholic Initiation for Adults) preparing for that day. It was a struggle, and there were times I wondered why I was there, but then something beautiful would happen, and I'd regain my strength. 18 months was a really long time but it's been worth it.

I was able to enjoy the Easter Vigil again this year. Even though it was not my home parish, I still felt that joy. There were 5 adults joining the Church Saturday at Frenchie's home parish. I didn't know any of them, and neither did he, but I still welled up when they said their professions and were baptized and confirmed. I kept thinking "That was me! 1 year ago!"

This journey has been bumpy. I've had wells to deal with where I didn't feel like going to church. I've felt like I lost myself a little bit and didn't look to God. I've also had moments where I go to Church and feel completely at peace. I have felt like that is exaclty where I am meant to be.

I have no idea if I'm a better person over the last year, or if it has made an impact on my day to day life, but I feel better, and I think that is what matters.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, no matter what it means to you and how you celebrate.

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!