Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Snowfall

Every year people think spring has officially come the first time it gets warm out for longer than a few days. These people are delusional, at least here in Calgary. Every year, it will snow at least once over the course of "Spring" and throw the city for a loop (even though it happens EVERY YEAR)

This morning I couldn't resist grabbing my camera and taking some photos. The snow is incredibly heavy, fresh, wet and stunning. The air is warm (-1C/30F)

I've been trying to get a picture of my favorite tree covered in snow. It's beautiful and for some reason, it took me until now to actually get a photo of it covered in snow.

Enjoy my morning photos!

Spring 2011 AM
View from our back door at 6:30am

Tree Winter
My Favorite Winter Tree

Spring Downtown
Downtown

chicfit

4 comments:

  1. WOW I love that tree and with the snow it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting a big snow here too(Wyoming.) We live across the street from a park, so there are lots of pretty trees to take pictures of there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love snow when it's freshly fallen snow and the world is quiet for just a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so bipolar snowboard/bike/snowboard/bike, which one???

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!