Monday, March 2, 2009

New workout

I've started a new fitness program. I read the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" (http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/ ). I decided that I was going to try the program out.
Here's an overview:
It should last about 6 months. 6 months you say? Yes. That includes some diet modifications, for the better I might add, and a strict exercise plan. The point of the program is lifting. Not to be a body builder, but to lift weights to become stronger and better balanced, muscle-wise.

There are 6 stages to the program. I will break it into time frames.
Stage 1: 6 weeks (potentially more as I'm gone for 1 week to Chicago. Hoping I can workout while I'm there)
Stage 2 - 5: 4 weeks each
Stage 6: 4 weeks
Stage 6 is a choice. I can choose Stage 6 or Stage 7. I've chosen Stage 6 as it's to improve strength. Stage 7 is fat loss. Not looking for that.

Each stage is divided into Workout A and Workout B. You alternate workouts each time you go.
Example: Stage 1: Workout A - 1 (1 for the first time I do it.) When I get to the 4th time I do Workout A I will up the weights I am using and lower the reps.

I want to keep a count of how I feel throughout the program. Any changes I notice, any new triumphs.

I'm trying to get back the strength I lost when I broke my hand. I've lost over half my arm strength in my left arm and probably a little less than that in my right. It's ridiculous! I have signed myself up for another pole class beginning in April. That gives me a month to work my ass off and get some strength back so I can go back to dance. I'm sad without it. I wish I could dance now, but it's just not going to happen. Things will be slow, but I think a steady, safe pace will get me back faster.

Happy Lifting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!