Sunday, March 1, 2009

A welcoming note

As I start this blog, I should say a little about myself.

I am a geek at heart.

I have a degree in computer science. Computers thrill me, frustrate me and keep me in touch with everyone. I would rather spend time watching movies, playing games of all kinds (board, video, card) than go shopping and having girl talk. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a cup of tea or Starbucks Caramel Macchiato and conversation with a good friend. Chick flicks aren't my favorite type of movie, but 2 or 3 a year is alright. I'd much rather see an action flick or a really good make-you-think movie.

I'm also a fitness fan. On top of all that geekiness, I'm probably riding the exercise bike and watching Grey's Anatomy or the Discovery Channel. If not chatting with friends online or in person, I'm probably at the gym lifting weights, taking yoga, or dancing.

What kind of dance you ask? I feel in love with pole dancing last year. It's one of the best exercises, not to mention fun, that I've ever done. I take classes at a local gym from a company that uses their space. It's becoming such a mainstream form of dance/exercise, it makes me proud to be a part of it. It requires an immense amount of strength and grace.

I hope that in reading this blog you will share in my triumphs and tribulations.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a follower of Angela's blog (where I found you;)
    Nice to read all about what you are up to as well (another Fitness fan;)
    Poledancing seems like a lot of fun, and hard work! Nothing like it where I live..(Norway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin! Welcome to my blog. Glad you popped over for a quick hello!

    Poledance is an awesome workout. I do know of one girl through a forum who lives in Norway and pole dances. She bought a pole for herself and got some dvd's to learn from. Nothing can replace instruction from a teacher, but it's a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!