Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chic Fit Geek's Harry Potter Challenge


I have lasted a long time without reading or even spoiling Harry Potter for myself.

Currently I have read books 1 - 3 and watched the first 2 movies (not that I remember much since it was a long time ago). After that I am still clueless as to what happens in the series. I pride myself in that. I'm not sure how I did it, but I did.
The time has come to finish the damn series and join the rest of the muggles in the world.

With the release of Part 2 of Harry Potter 7, I have come to the conclusion that I need to get  my butt in gear and read on. My friend has asked me to see the final movie with her in the theatre, so I have until July 15th (or shortly after) to finish all the books, and the movies. Think I can do it??

I am just finishing up Wise Man's Fear. A large and superfantastic book (GO READ IT! .... after you read Name of the Wind...) Once I'm finished this one, I will be diving head first into the last 4 Harry Potter books.

Here's the goals
Finish Wise Man's Fear - most likely this weekend as long as Frenchie understands the need, which he does since he read it and has been itching to discuss it with me
Read HP and the Goblet of Fire
Read HP and the Order of the Pheonix
Read HP and the Half-Blood Prince
Read HP and the Deathly Hallows
Re-watch Movie 1
Re-watch Movie 2
Watch Movie 3
Watch Movie 4
Watch Movie 5
Watch Movie 6
Watch Movie 7 part 1
Watch Movie 7 Part 2 - in theatre

I have until July 15th (or shortly after) to do the above and....
Get married!
Go on a honeymoon for a week at which point I will switch to reading a few of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I've been told they are definite honeymoon material kind of books *wink*

I've been told it's doable. I work a full time job M-F and teach dance one night a week. I typically read 1 book every 2 weeks, but I've been known to read more depending on the length and how invested I am.

If you want to participate, let me know! I haven't found very many folks in this blogging world that haven't read them yet.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously read the books in about 1-2 days. You can totally do it! I am going to re-read them all before the movie comes out to.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!