Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Movie Review (3 of 2011): Fast Five

Fast Five: 4 stars
Actors: Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson
Rating: 14A

I dragged Frenchie to this one. He didn't really want to see it because other than the very first movie in the franchise, the rest of them were mediocre at best. Fast Five was on par with being as good as the first one. No joke. I loved it! Let's be clear here for a minute. If you're going to go and see it, you are going to a Fast and Furious movie. There will be ridiculous car driving, cheesy lines, and scenes that are laughable. There are parts you'll say "that would never happen" and you'd be right. HOWEVER, it was awesome!

As an action flick junkie, I enjoyed every minute of this movie. Vin Diesel and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson were fabulous together. The Rock buffed up huge for this movie and it was nice to see him in a semi-serious role over his past Disney movies. Give him a gun, a car and a people to chase after in hopes of catching them, throwing them in jail and losing the key and you're golden. Favorite line? "I'm in" I actually clapped my hands in excitment! Go kick ass Rock! YAH!

Fast Five Vin Diesel Dwayne Johnson
How can you not love these guys?
While I'm not a fan of Paul Walker and his acting ability, he did good as O'Conner again. He only has one way to act and it's not very memorable. Let's face it, Diesel and Johnson only have one look too, but at least its tough as nails and if you get bored with their acting, they'll flex their muscles and you forget all about it. That said, Walker played his role well. I love the witty coments and the way he thinks he's "hot s**t" and gets put in his place. His character grew up a lot for this movie and I'm thankful for that. The punk-kid-trying-to-be-badass wasn't working for him.

Ludacris always makes me laugh and I am now needing to get the soundtrack to this movie. Tyrese Gibson is a the tough guy who really isn't. Great job acting this one. The banter between these two was great comedic relief.

I recommend seeing this one if you are an action junkie or have seen the majority of the movies in the franchise. If you haven't seen the 4th movie, I would suggest it. Everything will make a little more sense.

I will say this: STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!! You won't regret it.

chicfit

pictures: 1, 2, 3

4 comments:

  1. I thought it was better then 2-4, too! I really enjoyed this movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually liked this one too! Maybe it's cuz The Rock was in it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rock did add a good element Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Planning on seeing it! Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!