Tuesday, May 31, 2011

22/50: The Exile: Outlander Graphic Novel by Diana Gabaldon

The Exile: An Outlander Graphic NovelThe Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Becca from BookNerdBecca recommended that I read this book since I've read Outlander. I put it on hold at the library and finally it came in. It took me one day to read it. It certainly helps to have read the novel first so you can fill in the blanks.

While I'm not a huge graphic novel fan, I appreciate what Gabaldon did here. She gave us another side to the Jamie/Claire story and helped us understand a few things the book didn't explain.

Great artist as well. The detail of the major scenes were beautifully drawn. Claire was just as stunning in this graphic novel as she was in my head. Jamie was almost spot on from what my mind created while reading the novel. Black Jack Randall looked like the evil bastard that he was and the rest of the Scots fit the profile.

After reading this book I'm eager to get back into the series. I miss Jamie Fraser!
SBC 2011: Book in a genre you don't normally read - Graphic Novel - 15 points
Book Journey: Scotland

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!