Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Special Fitness Friday: Aerial Yoga gets on TV!

I realize I'm not posting this on Friday, but I couldn't wait.

Last week I taught Aerial Yoga on a special night. We filmed the class for a TV series called Fuel that is local here in Calgary. I was so incredibly nervous. I'm the type of person that will do as many photos as you want. I love photographs and being in them. Video is a completely different story. You can retake it if you screw up. (not entirely true, but you get the point).

Aside from feeling nervous about being filmed, I haven't been teaching Aerial Yoga for very long. I teach a beginner drop-in class and it has been great fun learning along the way. To have a TV show come in and film made me question myself and my ability to instruct.

We had two students come plus the TV show host, Kevin. He has been doing a series of different kinds of exercise offered in our city. I was thoroughly impressed with him and he made me feel so at ease. He came in and made everything exciting and fun. He also did every move I threw at him.

Watch the video!


Kevin made a stop a few weeks before to one of our Advanced Pole classes. Tori is an awesome instructor. I have the pleasure of learning from her every week.


chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!