Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Blogger Hop - Aug 27 - 30, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books and runs from Friday to Sunday. The Hop is a fantastic way to get your blog noticed more and visit some other cool blogs that you didn't know about before. Head over and sign up and see what you can find!

Each week a new question is asked. This week's question comes from: 
Do you use a rating system for your reviews and if so, what is it and why?

I don't really have a rating system other than what is suggested on Goodreads mixed with a little of my own explanations.
  • 1 Star - Didn't Like it. I probably won't pick up another book by this author or continue a series
  • 2 Stars - It was OK. It didn't do a lot for me, but it wasn't horrible. Depending on the author, I could read more of them if this wasn't a common occurrence.
  • 3 Stars - I liked it. I usually rate with 3 stars if the book was good. Not amazing, not spectacular, just good.
  • 4 Stars - I REALLY liked it. I give a lot of 4 stars out. The book is awesome, I would recommend it to someone and would definitely read more.
  • 5 Stars - A book has to be pretty amazing to get 5 stars. I will be thinking about this book long after reading it, remember to recommend it to everyone I know. I'll most likely read a 5 star book again.
Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment!

8 comments:

  1. Hi and hello from The Hop. I don't have a system at all. Some people have really cool ones, like kissy marks or thumbs and things like that. I just post as I see fit. My book blog is: www.longlivechicklit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your book blog! i do not use a rating system, come see my response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a rating system and the typical 5 star system is the best since goodreads, amazon, shelfari, they all use it. So when transferring your reviews it's nice and simple! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 5 star rating system. I'm a new follower. Happy Friday.
    Kathy
    I Am A Reader, Not a Writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping by. I don't really have a rating system. I don't do too many reviews. I love everything I read, so I don't think I'd be a good judge. But I'm following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello just wanted to send a greeting -- New follower here! Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just found you through the hop, and I'm glad I did! Your combination of fitness and books is so unique! I'm a new follower and looking forward to reading through your posts. Happy hopping! I hope you have a great weekend and feel free to check my blog out in your spare time, www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!