Sunday, August 29, 2010

Movie Review (18): Public Enemies

I recorded Public Enemies on the PVR for Frenchie and I to watch. I remember wanting to go to the theatre to watch this one but never getting around to it. I can't say I'm sad about that. It was pretty slow moving, and not that entertaining. The acting was great though. Johnny Depp and Christian Bale both did a fine acting job.
I found the movie very quiet. There wasn't a lot of dialogue, and very little music. I wasn't familiar with the history with John Dillinger so I'm not sure if that was a disadvantage. It just seemed to fall flat and I felt like there was something missing. I thought there would be more bank robbing and more excitement in that respect. Perhaps I had the movie pegged wrong.

I almost wanted to shut it off and go to bed. I got very tired watching it and almost fell asleep. I'm not much of a fall-asleep-in-movies kind of person. It's rare that it happens. Having to keep myself awake doesn't ever bode well for a movie review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!