Monday, June 7, 2010

Movie Review (11): Prince of Persia

Frenchie and I went to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Friday night. I had to keep reminding myself it was a Disney movie. Some of the lines were pretty cheesy. All in all the movie was entertaining. The acting was good for the script and I thoroughly enjoyed all the action sequences. I kept relating the movie action sequences to that of a video game, and rightly so. The movie is based of the game by UBI Soft. I'm a fan of game-to-movie transitions, so this was right up my alley.

Gyllenhaal did a great job as Dastan. He was believable as the innocent, framed brother. Dastan's character was carefree but smart. Although he was arrogant, he wasn't corrupted by power like his one brother and uncle. He lived through his heart rather than his head.

Sir Ben Kingsley is always fantastic no matter what his role. I found his character dark and brooding. As the uncle, serving his brother the King, and serving the King's sons, his evil demeanor fit perfectly. In every Disney movie there is a villan, and he was it, through and through.

If you're looking for a little mindless entertainment, go see this one. It was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!