Sunday, June 20, 2010

Movie Review (13): A-Team

"I pity the fool!" - who thinks this movie would have any sort of deep meaning.
I've seen a lot of crummy reviews for this movie and I'm going to write the opposite. I found The A-Team thoroughly entertaining. Here's why:
  • crazy too big to be real explosions.
  • how in the world could that work scenes.
  • cheesy lines
  • cheesy fight scenes
It's A-Team for goodness sakes!

***disclaimer - Keep in mind that I have only seen the TV show once or twice. It was before my time ***

A lot of people writing reviews in the newspapers and online make the comment that Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson is no Mr. T. Well no kidding? Mr. T is Mr. T. You can't replace him. You can't pretend you are him. Who cares!? I thought Quinton did a great job at the role of BA Baracus.

I loved the fighting between Murdock and BA. It kept the humour. Faceman (played by Bradley Cooper) made the show for me. His smart-ass remarks and (lets be honest here) scenes without a shirt were thoroughly enjoyable. Frenchie even said he liked Face as a character.

I would say, if you're looking for a couple hours of entertainment, go see The A-Team. It was funny, and everything an action movie should be. No plot, lots of guns, lots of smart-ass remarks, lots of explosions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!