Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 2: My Blog Name


My blog started when I took up a new fitness program. I had planned to use the blog as a place to track my progress.

Chic –I am attractive, fashionable and stylish

Fit –I workout and have a pretty good physique. My cardio may suck, and I’ll only run if someone is chasing me or has taken something from me, but I do have fit body.

Geek – I am. I am smart. I love computers. I love having fun. I’m a social butterfly. I may appear normal on the outside, but it’s a façade!

This leads me to ask: Where do you fit?
................ Technical ...... Social
Title ............ Skills ......... Skills
---------- ---------------- ------------
Normie ......... No ............. Yes
Geek ........... Yes ............. Yes
Nerd ............ Yes ............. No
Dork ............ No .............. No

Normie: A normal person. Blah.

Geek: An outwardly normal person who has taken the time to learn technical skills. Geeks have as normal a social life as anyone, and usually the only way to tell if someone is a geek is if they inform you of their skills.

Nerd: A socially awkward person who has learned technical skills due to the spare time they enjoy from being generally neglected. Their technical knowledge then leads normies to neglect them even further, leading to more development of their technical skills, more neglection, etc. This vicious cycle drives them even more into social oblivion.

Dork: A person who, although also socially awkward, doesn't have the intelligence to fill the void with technical pursuits, like a nerd, and is forced to do mindless activities. Almost always alone. Usually with an XBox. Like playing Halo. All day. Every day. Not even understanding how the Xbox is making the pretty pictures on the screen. Very sad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a total geek!! People are often surprised by my geekiness. I just giggle! Glad, we are geeks together.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!