Thursday, May 13, 2010

25/25: Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

I have officially reached my 2010 goal! I started out this year aiming to read 25 books. I have reached that by the fifth month. Since it only took 5 months, I have revised my goal to be 50 books in 2010. I'm already half way there.

Book 25 was Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris. This is the 10th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I owe it to my maid of honor for getting me addicted to this series. I protested and protested. Then I read the first one, Dead until Dark and was instantly hooked. I went out right after and bought the entire box set.
Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 10)
Dead in the Family is a lot about Sookie and Eric. Eric's maker comes to town and wrecks havoc. He comes to Eric for help and it changes Eric. He is this completely differen Vampire, but that's all explained as to why. There is trouble with the Were pack, and with the government trying to get the two-natured to register as they did the vampires.
Without going into too much detail, Sookie must deal with Eric's maker being in town with his new vampire child, Bill being sick, a fairy cousin coming to live with her, and the Were pack of Shreveport possibly leaving a body on her land. That's a lot for one gal! Lucky for us, Sookie is an amazing woman.

I found this book to be shoved full of new characters that were not fully developed. There were a lot of plot lines, however I think the next book (whenever that comes out) will go into more detail. If it doesn't, I will be disappointed. There was one plot line completed from start to finish and that was good with me. I would say it was one of the important ones.

One thing missing from this book was the sex. I'll be honest, the first few books had a lot in it, and it was always entertaining. This book lacked a lot of bedroom business.

All in all, I'd give the book 4 stars. I was entertained, it kept my interest and I just about missed my train stop on several occasions while reading it.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on making your goal!! :)

    I haven't yet started the Sookie Series but I see it all the time on NBC, maybe I should start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really quick series. You'd be starting at a good time since there are 10 books in the series now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congrats on making your goal !! I've only read 2 or 3 books this year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting your goal. I had a ridiculous goal of reading 125 or something, but am only at like 11 for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on the one before Dead in the Family, Dead and Gone? I got it for 50% off at Chapters so I thought why not, though I haven't read it yet. I was annoyed with the whole Bill and Eric thing. I hope to get to it eventually. But, grats on the 25 books!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!