Friday, May 14, 2010

Bookworm Habits

I saw this on Something to Crow About so I thought I'd join in the fun.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack:
Crackers and Cheese or Chips.
What is your favourite drink while reading?
I typically like a hot cup of tea.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Unless it's a non-fiction book where I am going through it like a textbook, I will only write my name and year in the front of the books I own.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
I lay the book flat sometimes, but I love bookmarks. If I don't have one, I will use a post it or piece of paper. I hate dog-earing.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Both

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I prefer to read to the end of the chapter, or stop at a point where the story seems to pause.
Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
I won't throw it, but I will definitely put it down with some force and a loud huff.
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
I imagine what it means and go with it.

What are you currently reading?
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides

What is the last book you bought?
Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris (I couldn't wait for the library. I had to have it)

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
I read more than one. Usually of opposite genres.

Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
I read on my commute since it's the easiest place. I love sitting on my couch and reading.
Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I like series books since I know there is another book waiting for me. I also like stand alones since the story starts and finishes. That sense of completion is very rewarding.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Still Alice by Lisa Genova or The Hunger Games - by Suzanne Collins

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)
Those on my read shelf are by genre, then author last name. My to-read shelf is by author last name.
I also have a shelf of those books I've borrowed from people. That's a jumbled mess.
I'd love to hear your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!