Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Golden Egg

The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs (Usborne First Reading Level 3)
I opened up the packaging of the Turtles Egg and found a golden egg! I immediately thought of the childhood fable by Aesop - The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs. If you don't remember the story, check here.

I got into conversation with a coworker after I showed off the giant golden egg I was so proud of. I thought it was humourous more than anything. We got to talking about how according to Cadbury, Easter eggs come from the clucking bunny we've all seen on TV.

Here's the conversation.
Coworker: Cadbury Easter Eggs come from the clucking bunny. The Golden Egg came from a goose. Does the golden Turtle Egg come from a goose too?
Me: Nope, since it's a Turtle egg, it must come from the "Mmmm I Love Turtles!" dude.
Coworker: Isn't that turtle a guy? (pause for thought) That would mean your Easter "egg" isn't an egg...
Me: Thanks for that... I'm going to go eat now.

Upon review, the Turtle Egg sucks. It doesn't even taste like Turtle's chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. How sad! And depressing... that it doesn't taste like Turtles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying the Rolo and Aero ones this week. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!