Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things have to go up from here... right?

Yesterday my fiance left for his site job. He'll be gone for 10 days then back for 4. Since he left in the afternoon, our puppy was only home for a few hours by herself in her pen. Shouldn't have been that bad right?  Here's how my evening went. As my friend told me yesterday, things can only get better...

It took me 45 minutes to clean up the mess that she left. Beta has a parasite that causes her to have lower stomach problems. Smelly and hard to clean up. She was only alone for 4 hours and it took me 45 to somewhat clean up. It's not fully clean, but there's not much else I could have done other than taking a sponge and bucket to the floor, somehow keeping her away from the area long enough for me to clean up.

I took Beta outside to tire her out and get her some exercise since she was inside most of the day. All was good until she missed a step and hurt her foot. She yelped for a bit, but after a while she was ok and didn't seem to be injured. I think she caught her foot on a step on her rush to get down them.

I decided pasta and leftover chicken would be the easiest and quickest meal. After filling a pot with water, I noticed the handle on the kitchen tap wasn't quite sitting correctly. It seemed loose. I moved it a little to see if there was a screw I could tighten when the handle came off in my hand. I am now using a pair of pliers to turn my kitchen tap on and off. My neighbour said he would fix it saturday for me if I went and bought a new tap to put in.  After heating up my leftover chicken in the microwave, the fan continued to run for a good 30 - 45 minutes. I've now unplugged the microwave and will only use it when I absolutely need to.

I went to puppy class without Beta since she's sick and I'm a responsible dog owner, not wanting to get other puppies sick too. I arrived on time with 3 other people. We sat there for 30 minutes before the instructor came and apologized saying there were 3 more people to come. One wasn't coming, one she couldn't get a hold of, and one was so lost the instructor couldn't direct her to the building. We all went home after sitting there and we will start our session next week. That was sort of a blessing since I was home earlier than I had expected.

On top of all this, work was horrible and I didn't get any sleep. Beta of course slept through the night, which was great. I did not. I have trouble sleeping the first night I'm alone.