Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Therapy Tuesday: Off the pole

Last Week
I completed two out of 4 of my homework assignments consistently.

I have taken to walking/jogging as I explained in a previous post. I get out at least 30 - 40 minutes a day now just by walking Beta. I feel more awake in the mornings and it certainly perks me up after I get home. I've also been sleeping better, but I'm not sure if that's from the fresh air, or from pure exhaustion.

I got the pole more than once! Hooray for workshops.

As for the other two tasks...
I looked in the mirror this morning and did tell myself I looked good. I don't get a chance to look in the mirror often, but I will make a point this week to do so and make sure the woman staring back at me knows how beautiful she is and how much she means to me.

"It doesn't matter"... Somethings do, somethings don't. I took to using this phrase only once last week with regards to something at work. I felt better, and there was a weight lifted. I also had support from my supervisor on this and that felt great.

This week:My sponsor gave me a quote last Friday that I didn't really think of until I was in conversation with my sister. We both kept talking about what we should be doing. That our to-do lists are so long, and we should be doing something on them rather than chatting.
"Don't should all over yourself"
That phrase that my sponsor told me came to mind. It's true! Should doesn't get us anywhere, just makes us feel bad. Do it or Don't, but stop with the should. I think both of us needed to hear that.

2 comments:

  1. Just like Master Yoda! "Do or do not there is no try." ~From the nerd to the geek I thought it was fitting :)

    Glad your feeling a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!