Sunday, March 14, 2010

Movie Review (2): Shutter Island

My fiance, my best friend and I all went to the this movie on Saturday night. I loved it! Here's why:

It got you thinking. There was that feeling of "somethings not right" through the whole thing. I would love to see it again and look for the subtle clues that I know are in there, I just missed. The story was interesting, touched on a few different aspects and was a different from what I thought it was supposed to be.
DiCaprio did an awesome job. He was believable as the character. You really felt what he felt and for me, I was shocked and in disbelief when his character was.

The music made me giggle a few times. It was very "Alfred Hitchcock". It was creepy and certainly added to the forboding feel the movie had. My best friend said she would probably have trouble sleeping that night.

I would recommend this movie for sure. I would also recommend that go when you are awake. It's a little slow, but not in a bad way. The character and story development is essential and the thought process to understand the little messages will have you thinking even after the show.

5 comments:

  1. I saw it last weekend and loved it! Have you read the book? I think I might read it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book. It would be interesting to see how they compare and if you can figure it out beforehand through text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie and the book! In the book I guessed the twist because I'm a word and puzzle nerd but it was no less thrilling to watch how it all unfolded. I thought Leo was excellent as well and it was awesome watching him slowly descend into madness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very good. I loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!