Sunday, September 5, 2010

43/50: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (no spoilers)

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

NO SPOILERS
Suzanne Collins did a fabulous job of concluding the Hunger Games series. Mockingjay tied up most of the loose-ends. I couldn't give this book 5 stars though. I wasn't sure if I could even give it 4 stars. I found myself able to actually put the book down and pick it back up. There was no pull from it that made me completely lose myself until there was about 1/3 left. At that point in the book, I had to sit down and read it until the end. Hunger Games and Catching Fire pulled me in right from the beginning and never let my attention go.

I felt like the book was missing something and was a little anti-climatic for me. Don't get me wrong, I shed some tears, gasped and had some nail-biting moments where everything around me stopped existing. It just wasn't as addicting. Collins does a fantastic job during the last 3rd of the book of pulling the reader in. I felt like there were some bits of the story that went on too long, and other parts that I wished were longer. Some parts I felt needed more attention than others.

Mockingjay was a great ending to the series and I'm so glad I got to read this wonderful series from start to finish. Suzanne Collins writes beautifully and makes my imagination pop with the images she creates. The movie that plays in my head while reading these books is so clear and vivid I have no problem picturing everything she describes.

View all my reviews

Read the series from the beginning!
Buy Hunger Games
Buy Catching Fire
Buy Mockingjay here!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the whole series. I hadn't heard of it until I started with the It's Monday - What are you reading? group.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!